Who are we?
Though the Authority File Ltd is a small company it has big impact. With our numerous connections to
outsourcing companies and a wide range of freelancers with varied skills and experience, we can put
together the right team to meet your needs:
- Publishing product development
- Publishing editorial process design
- Editorial software analysis, specification, design and implementation
- Taxonomy design
- Website specification, design, implementation
- XML and SGML schema and DTD design and analysis
The Authority File Ltd was formed in 2008 by Dominic Beesley.
Dominic Beesley brief CV:
- 2003 - 2007 Independent consultant providing consultancy on editorial and publishing
processes and software design.
- 2000 - 2003 Dominic Beesley was the Technical Director of Granite and Comfrey Ltd,
providers of knowledge management services, software and consultancy (later acquired
by Tikit plc, now trading as Tikit Editorial Services).
- 1997 - 2000 Senior Developer (Software) Sweet & Maxwell / Thomson / West Yorkshire. Developing the
Legislation Content Centre for Westlaw.
- 1994 - 1997 Senior Developer and Network Manager at Legal Information Resources (LIR)
Working on LJI, FJI, DLR, Current Law, Badger etc.
What do we do?
We provide consultancy services, whether they
be for full-scale publishing, marketing, internal knowledge-management or business-to-business,
to help you choose the right solution for your publishing needs.
We can help you choose the right software or if appropriate design a fully bespoke solution or anything in between.
We are not tied to any particular architecture, software package or paradigm. However in the past the following
strategies have all been used when appropriate:
- SQL Server
- MarkLogic XML Database
- Microsoft Index Server
Knowledge Management Solutions
- Microsoft ASP/ASP.Net
- Lotus Notes/Domino
- Tikit KHS, IntraFind, Taxonomy Editor, etc
- Open Source Content Management Solutions
- Bespoke Solutions